Thursday, November 5, 2009

Jacob update.....

Jacob is now oxygen free! They took him off his o2 yesterday, and he has been doing wonderful. If only he was bigger! Now we just have to wait for the little stinker to gain some weight so he can come home. Jeremy and I have been able to visit him every night together. Starting this next week, they have asked me to be at the hospital for a morning feeding, and an evening feeding. This is when things are going to get tricky. No children are allowed in the hospital. Not even in the waiting room. Every time we go to the hospital, Jaxon cries because he wants to go with us. It's hard when you are torn between the child at home that is needing your attention, and your child in the hospital, that needs your attention. I'm trying to spend as much "bonding time" with Jaxon that I can, make sure I get to the hospital to bond with Jacob, and try to give myself some down time so I can recover. (ha ha)
I just have to say that the staff at Timp Hospital has been so amazing! They have been so understanding and patient. They have done a wonderful job taking care of our precious little guy. They have taken the time to sit by my side to help me through this, and also to help teach me some new things.
The Dr calls us everyday to give us an update, and let us know what their action plan is. It has really made this whole ordeal much easier to handle, knowing our baby is getting such wonderful care.

6 comments:

Hiatts said...

so thrilled he is off oxygen. that is one step closer to have hime home. sounds like you are juggling everything pretty well. wish I was closer so I could help you out!

Huntsman Family said...

Thats so great!!! I love hearing good news. I hope that you can find some time for yourself though. You deserve it. We love you and miss you.

Jennifer said...

Oh I am so glad to hear that!!! What a little trooper baby Jacob is! We love you so much! Please call if you need me to take Jaxon. Hopefully this Saturday will give you some down time you can enjoy!

Josh and Ashley said...

Congratulations! What a blessing to have Jacob as part of the family. Good to hear he is doing so well. Please let us know if we can help out, I'm sure Macie and Jaxon could play the day away.

Kari said...

I am so glad to know he is doing so well!! I just remembered you had a blog and thought I would track it down to see if you have been posting! I'm so glad you have! He's beautiful!! I'm sorry I wasn't able to come to your baby shower...I really wanted to, but didn't want to pass on whatever sickness I currently have! :( But please let me know if you need anything at all!

Diahan said...

Hooray!! How wonderful, Linds! What a fighter your little Jacob is.

I would love to have Jaxon over if you need to go feed Jacob. Let's get that baby home!!

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker