Saturday, July 25, 2009

Tooth Ache!

So most of you know that when I was pregnant with Jaxon, by the time it was all said and done I had to have 8 root canals because of the all the damage it did to my teeth. Well last week I was having pain in one of my teeth and figured I would see what the dentist could do with me still being pregnant. He did a partial root canal, and sent me home with a follow up date to finish it next week. I felt fine for a couple days, but then by Monday, all of a sudden I was in the worst pain of my life. I was taking the antibiotic, but for some reason my body reacted differently. I had pain from the top of my head, down into my eardrum, down my jaw and into the lymph nodes down my neck on my right side. I don't know how many of you have ever had tooth pain, but because of the nerves, it is like have an electrical current go straight to the brain. I called the dentist and they told me to hold out for a day or two and the pain should ease. So doped up on Tylenol, (ha ha) I cried for 3 days. Jeremy had already given me a blessing, but I asked if he would give me another one. He was able to get our neighbor over to give him a hand. Thanks again Nate for being willing to come over on such short notice. We called the dentist again, who was out of town and left a message on his home phone. At midnight I went downstairs so my crying would not keep Jeremy up, and of course the dentist called Jeremy's phone back. Jeremy was sleeping and didn't hear it though!! (No comment!) By ten the next morning I was in the dentist chair being numbed up! I have never looked forward to being poked with a needle before! He numbed me up with the stuff they use for epidurals, so it lasted a while. I felt great! He put me on steroids to help with the inflammation. The steroids are such a strong dose that it has completely wiped out my immune system. I was told to stay away from anyone that is sick, might be sick, or think they could get sick! So in other words, do not go anywhere! The pills are so nasty! They start to dissolve the minute they touch anything wet, so I have to crush them and put them in yogurt or pudding just so I don't throw up. I have my next dentist appointment on Monday and I'm just praying I can hold out with this pain until then. I know the only reason I have made it for these past 6 days is because of prayer and blessings.

No comments:

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker