Friday, February 27, 2009

Allergic Reaction

So most of you know that I am very allergic to so many things. Some of these things are very odd. Well, I went to get my hair done the other night and found out, (the hard way I might add), that I am extremely allergic to the hair dye. Some of the dye got on my ears so they swelled so big that they have cracked and are oozing. The whole back of my head is blistered, swollen and covered in hives. The swelling is so bad that it is starting to go down my neck. I did not take any pictures because it's kinda freaky. For those of you that have seen the movie "Hitch", when Will Smith has that allergic reaction to the shell fish, if you notice how nasty his ears and everything are, that's totally what I look like! Scary! I have not had a reaction to anything in a while, so this has been a very humbling experience and has reminded me that I still need to be careful when trying new products! Jeremy and John were able to give me a blessing last night and I know that is the only thing keeping me from needing to go to the hospital. Thanks again John for coming over so quickly. So for the next few days I am planning on staying home and doping up on benadryl for the itch and ibprofen for the swelling!

3 comments:

Aubs said...

I'm so sorry that you've had such an allergic reaction. I'm sure it is uncomfortable, scarry, & hurts. Crazy! I'm kind of curious to see pictures though... That is a very funny scene in Hitch when he has his reaction. Great movie.
Take it easy & get better soon.

Hiatts said...

oh linds I am so sorry, I wish I lived closer so we could veg together! take it easy and I hope it goes down soon.

Jobi Niu said...

SHUT UP?!?! I have NEVER heard of that being a hair stylist.. so weird. What was used on your hair? What type of hair dye, etc. SAD! I hope you get better soon. Thank goodness for the Priesthood huh?

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker