Sunday, November 30, 2008

Black Friday

Jeremy and I both had never been our shopping on Black Friday, so we decided to see what all the hype was about. Jaxon had spend the night a my Mom's house, so there was nothing to hold us back. We got up at 4 and headed to Walmart. We thought the rush would be over with by 4:45, but it was just about to start. Walmart had everything shrink wrapped and set out in the middle of the isles. We made our way to the back of the store and just about then they announced it was almost time. Both Jeremy and I were really nervous, so we found a nice safe spot to stay clear of everyone, and we stood and watched the madness begin. Once 5 am hit, they unwrapped everything and stuff just started flying. People were screaming, people were getting trampled, we saw a lady getting choked with her own scarf, and people started fighting over "things". We quickly made our way to the door which was not an easy task, and we ran out the door without getting a thing. It was still so early that we figured we would head over to Best Buy. We heard people saying that they had been camping outside the store since the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Whatever floats your boat I guess. They did have some really good deals on mp3 players, movies, and all that kind of stuff. We then headed over to Cabella's. The line was ginormous! We only had to stand in line ten min. before the doors opened. Once we made it in, it just seemed like a normal shopping day. People were much better behaved at this store. Once we were done at Cabellas we went to my Mom's and waited for Jaxon to wake up. I missed him so much. I did not like not having him home. Over all though, our experience was fun. We will never go to Walmart on "Black Friday" again though. The way they handled everything makes me not want to shop there at all, ever! I think we will stick with Target.

No comments:

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker